If you want to acquire a PhD degree, then you will have to invest a huge amount of time. To acquire a PhD degree, there require five to six years. On the other hand, if you are going to acquire a master’s degree, then you will have to invest only two years. In a similar way, there is also a clear difference between a PhD dissertation and a master’s dissertation. Anyhow, either you are going to write a PhD dissertation or a master’s dissertation, then you will have to conduct original research and follow a strict timetable. If you are not able to write a dissertation, then you can get a custom solution to a dissertation from expert writers of the dissertation writing services. The difference between a PhD dissertation and a master’s dissertation is given below;
- One of the most important requirements of a PhD dissertation is to generate a research publication. This research publication should consist of a conference research paper and this conference paper should be submitted to an academic journal. On the other hand, if you are going to write a masters’ dissertation, then there is no need to generate a research publication. On the other hand, if it is necessary to you to keep the material confidential for the purpose of commercial reasons, then there is no need to publish a conference research paper of your PhD dissertation to an academic journal.
- There are a lot of universities in which their PhD students are referred by the examiners that are outside of the university. On the other hand, the masters’ students are assessed and examined within the university. Therefore, to write a PhD dissertation, you will have to conduct more in-depth research to fulfil the requirements of an outside examiner. On the other hand, a masters’ dissertation is assessed by the examiners of your own university. Therefore, it doesn’t require an in-depth research just like a PhD dissertation.
- After writing a PhD dissertation, you will have to defend it before the committee members. These include one or more than one expert persons relevant to your subject area in this committee. These expert persons are outside of your university. These expert persons will ask some questions about your work and you will have to provide answers to these questions. This is known as viva voce exam. If you want to get a PhD degree, then it is necessary for you to pass that viva voce exam. On the other hand, if you are a masters’ student, then you just need to prepare a presentation after finalizing the dissertation writing task. This presentation is conducted by the faculty members of your own university.
- After submitting a masters’ dissertation, you will be awarded some grades. These grades will contribute something in the total grades of your masters’ degree. On the other hand, on the basis of a PhD dissertation, you will be considered either pass or fail.
- The main aim of writing a masters’ dissertation is to show the examiners that you have achieved enough knowledge and skills in your subject area. On the other hand, a PhD dissertation is your contribution towards new knowledge in your subject area.