The main aim of writing a classification essay is to sort or organize different things. The ideas of the people are also categorized and classified with the help of a classification essay. In this informative post, the expert writer @ affordable-dissertation shed light on the structure of classification essay.
Classification Essay Structure
In a classification essay, we have to organize different things into different categories. After categorizing these things, we have to explain these things with the help of suitable examples and evidence. For example, if you are going to write a classification essay about different types of computers, each paragraph of your essay will explain the characteristics of each type of computer.
The best way to get an idea about the structure of a classification essay is to read out the best classification essay samples. You can easily get these essay samples from the expert writers of the essay writing services. Anyhow, a brief explanation about the structure of classification essay is given below;
The structure of a classification essay is also just like the structure of other essays like it is divided into three sections and the first section is known as an introduction. In the introductory section of an essay, a writer has to clearly tell the audience members what you are going to explain in the body of your essay. Some essential tips to write the introductory section of the classification essay are given below;
- First of all, the writer should try to narrowly explain the topic of his essay. With the help of this topic, it is easy for the audience members to concentrate on the main theme of the essay.
- The topic of your essay should be explained in such a way that the readers can easily understand the trajectory of your essay.
- The writer should also try to provide specific details about the topic in the introductory section of the essay because specific details are crucial to creating interest among the readers.
- The last part of the introductory section of an essay is the thesis statement. In the thesis statement of the classification essay, the writer has to provide enough idea about the main categories which you are going to explain in the body of your essay.
After the introductory section of a classification essay, there comes a body. This section of an essay consists of three paragraphs. In each body paragraph, the students should try to explain different categories. Some essential tips to write body paragraphs of a classification essay are given below;
- Each body paragraph of a classification essay should start with the help of a topic sentence. In this topic sentence, you will have to discuss the category that you are going to explain in this paragraph.
- Most of the students think that in a classification essay, they just need to discuss different categories without taking care of the organization. It is necessary for the students to organize these ideas in the classification essay in a logical manner.
- Different categories should be explained in such a way in the classification essay that the readers may be able to differentiate between these categories easily.
- A writer should try to start the body paragraphs of an essay with the help of known categories. Its reason is that this is an essential tip to create interest of the readers. This is also an essential tip to connect the readers with the rest of the categories.
- While explaining different categories, you should also try to keep an element of cohesion and comparison.
- In order to create some elements of cohesion and comparison, you can use transition words between different paragraphs of your essay.
- After explaining the category of a particular body paragraph with the help of topic sentence, the next step is to refer the category of the previous paragraphs in the next two or three sentences.
- The rest of the sentences of a classification essay are used to create contrast or comparison of these categories.
The last section of a classification essay is known as the conclusion. In the concluding paragraph of your essay, you will have to sum up your essay by explaining the main points of your essay. Some essential tips to write the concluding section of the classification essay are given below;
- In the concluding section of the classification essay, you will have to sum up all the approaches and categories that you have discussed in the body of your essay.
- It is also necessary for the writer to revisits the thesis statement.
- A writer has also the freedom to mention his comments about each category in the concluding section of the essay.
- It is also necessary for the writer to emphasize the purpose of classification essay in this essential section of the essay